Fat graft or fat transfer and dermal fillers are 2 common types of treatments for treating facial volume loss and restoring loss of facial fat, muscle and bone in Singapore.
What is fat graft or fat transfer in Singapore?
Fat grafting or fat transfer involves the extraction, harvest and processing of fat removed from the body and injected into areas of facial volume loss.
The replacement of fat into facial areas like sunken cheeks and hollowing of eyes helps to reverse aging-related fat loss.
Fat grafting is a surgical procedure requiring a plastic surgeon in Singapore.
This is commonly performed with liposuction surgery and face lift surgery.
(Sozo Aesthetic Clinic does not offer fat graft/ fat transfer.)
Fat graft/ Fat transfer versus Dermal Fillers: Review
Deciding between fat graft/ fat transfer and dermal fillers doesn’t have to be difficult. These are the common considerations that I inform my patients.
Benefits of Fat graft/ fat transfer
- Longer lasting results – years
- Donor area will be slimmer due to fat removal
- Fat is reported to contain growth factors that improve tissue quality
Disadvantages of Fat graft/ fat transfer
- Requires liposuction surgery to harvest fats
- Not all fat survives the transfer/grafting process, which may result in asymmetry
- May require repeat procedures to obtain good results.
- Longer recovery time (3 days to 1 week)
Benefits of Dermal fillers
- No need for surgery. Clinic-based procedure
- No donor site downtime/ recovery time.
- Shorter recovery time
- Quick and non-invasive.
- Dissolvable or reversible if you do not like the results. (Only for Hyaluronic acid fillers)
Disadvantages of Dermal Fillers
- Shorter lasting results – usually not more than 2 years.
Price of Fat Graft Surgery in Singapore
Fat graft typically costs several thousand Singapore dollars because of the need for surgical facilities and anaesthesia.
Price of Dermal Filler Injection in Singapore
Hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane Lyft and Juvederm Voluma cost around $800 to $1000 per 1cc syringe in Singapore.
Fat graft/ fat transfer compared to dermal fillers for facial volume restoration and rejuvenation?
My suggestion is to do your due diligence before embarking on either treatment.
Important considerations include: price/ cost, risk of surgery/ anaesthesia, longevity of results and recovery time.