Underarm Whitening - Treatments and Prices in Singapore
Women love to wear sleeveless tops, tank tops, tube tops, and bikinis – but sometimes, a dark underarm keeps them from wearing these. Dark underarms can make you conscious about showing your body. Just like any skin blemishes and skin pigmentation, dark underarms can lower your confidence.
Dark armpits may be caused by an underlying condition such as diabetes or hypothyroidism. Imbalance in hormones also leads to dark armpits because melanocytes are stimulated by the abnormal levels of progesterone and estrogen. Certain medications such as insulin and corticosteroids are known to have side effects of skin pigmentation. Dark underarms can also be related to external causes such as harsh ingredients from deodorants, dead skin cell build-ups, some lifestyle habits, and friction.
A lot of women can relate to this underarm dilemma, which is why there are a number of underarm whitening treatments being offered nowadays. The proper treatment will depend on the cause of pigmentation, and in some cases, lifestyle changes should be made to get rid of dark underarm skin.
- 1 Underarm Whitening - Treatments and Prices in Singapore
- 1.1 Underarm Whitening Treatments in Singapore
- 1.2 Armpit Whitening Laser Treatments
- 1.3 Underarm Whitening Creams
- 1.4 Underarm Whitening Clinic Singapore
- 1.5 Underarm Whitening Treatments Reviews
- 1.6 Underarm Whitening Prices / Costs in Singapore
Underarm Whitening Treatments in Singapore
Hyperpigmentation is a common problem, especially among women. This causes the skin to become darker than the rest of the normal area surrounding the skin. Melanocytes produce melanin, the skin’s natural pigment enzymes. A number of factors may stimulate the melanocytes cells, causing an overproduction of melanin, leading to skin pigmentation such as underarm hyperpigmentation, melasma, freckles, and more.
Since the underarm has delicate skin, it requires proper care and proper treatment. It is recommended to consult a specialist to understand the underlying cause of it and to know what’s the best way to treat your dark armpits.
Armpit Whitening Laser Treatments
Underarm Whitening Laser Treatments is a non-invasive treatment that requires little to no downtime. Specialists are able to give more precise treatments for effective underarm lightening.
Underarm hair also adds to the appearance of dark armpits, which is why you have to get rid of it in a proper way. Shaving causes friction on the skin which worsens pigmentation. Laser hair removal treatments, on the other hand, can instantly get rid of underarm hair and may lead to permanent hair loss in the area, which means you won’t have to worry about it anymore.
There are several laser treatments being offered in aesthetic clinics, all in which uses laser energy to breakdown any dark pigmentation.
Compared to Q-Switched laser, Pico Laser achieves a faster and better clearance rate as it is improved technology. Pico Laser breaks down pigmentation in picoseconds instead of nanoseconds, which is makes it 10 times faster. Also, this treatment is able to deliver higher energy of laser beams to break pigments into smaller fragments more effectively. This is designed to treat natural pigmentation conditions such as melasma, freckles, and hyperpigmentation. The cost of this treatment is from $180.
Laser Hair Removal Treatment can permanently get rid of unwanted hair and stop their growth. But asides from removing hair which adds to the dark appearance of armpits, it can also help lighten underarms. The laser energy emitted wipes out hair follicles that make your underarms look darker.
Underarm Whitening Creams
There are a number of topical creams that are used as an underarm whitening treatment that can be bought over-the-counter or through a prescription from the doctor. These products contain active ingredients of skin lighteners and skin bleaching agents that are designed to fight pigmentation. They have the ability to reduce or stop the production of melanin, the skin’s natural pigment. Here are the common active ingredients used in underarm whitening creams:
- Hydroquinone is a bleaching agent that helps lighten underarms, as well as other skin pigmentation conditions such as melasma, acne scars, freckles, and age spots. Hydroquinone has the ability to decrease melanocyte cells which are responsible for producing melanin.
- Tri-Luma is a topical cream designed to lighten several types of skin pigmentation. It contains 4% hydroquinone to reduce melanin production, 0.05% of tretinoin for skin exfoliation effect, and 0.01% fluocinolone acetonide to reduce inflammation. The price of this product is around $150 to $250 per 15g tube.
- Tretinoin, also known as ATRA or all-trans retinoic acid, is an acidic form of Vitamin A. Besides being used as an acne treatment, tretinoin helps increase the production of collagen leading to skin lightening and shedding of old skin cells. This ingredient is found in topical creams and gels.
- Kojic Acid comes from the fermentation of sake. It is an active ingredient when it comes to fighting hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone. Kojic acid contains properties that stop melanocytes from producing melanin. It is also an antioxidant that destroys free radicals before creating further damage to the skin and worsening the pigmentation.
- Azelaic acid is originally used for treating acne. But because of its skin pigmentation side effect, it is also used as a skin lightening treatment. This works by suppressing the growth of melanocytes that lead to pigmentation, including dark underarms.
Underarm Whitening Clinic Singapore
Underarm whitening treatments use devices and products that need to be handled carefully by skilful professionals. The success of your treatments will also depend on how the treatments are administered on you.
Sozo Aesthetic Clinic has a team of trained and experienced professionals providing non-invasive treatments to achieve underarm whitening. Our safe methods, extensive knowledge, and advanced procedures allow for effective treatment.
Underarm Whitening Treatments Reviews
Underarm Whitening Treatments has helped a lot of people around the world to achieve whiter and smoother underarm skin. These treatments target deep pigmentations within the skin to break down melanin, while some act as exfoliants to get rid of pigmented dead skin cells on the skin’s surface.
Underarm Whitening Products use ingredients such as glycolic acid or AHA to target the epidermis. Laser Treatments also help when it comes to achieving whiter underarms through stimulating cells within the skin to control pigmentations.
Underarm Whitening Prices / Costs in Singapore
We use advanced whitening technology and equipment to specifically target dark underarms. Here are the treatments we offer and their prices.