Belkyra (Kybella) Singapore
Double Chin Reduction Treatment – Without Surgery
Belkyra (Kybella) Singapore:
- Belkyra is US FDA Approved since 2015. HSA Approved in Singapore since June 2018.
- Non-surgical Double Chin Fat Removal with minimal downtime
- 30 minutes per Belkyra treatment
- Visible Results in 2-4 treatment sessions
How Belkyra (Kybella) Works
Belkyra (UK, Canada, Australia) is a game-changer in the treatment of double chin which is medically known as submental fat or fullness.
BELKYRA® is the first and only approved non-surgical treatment for reduction of moderate to severe submental fullness, a common yet under-treated aesthetic condition.
BELKYRA® is similar to a naturally occurring molecule called deoxycholic acid that is produced by the body and absorbs fats.
BELKYRA® is an injectable cytolytic drug that physically destroys fat cells.
These fat cells then get absorbed by your body and over a period of 6-8 weeks, completely disappear.
This drug was created by Kythera Biopharmaceuticals, a California-based company.
Is Belkyra the Best Fat-Melting Treatment in Singapore?
Belkyra vs Liposuction / Surgery
- No Surgical / Anesthesia Risk
- Lower Cost / Price
- Less Downtime
Belkyra vs Cryolipolysis
Belkyra is used for targeted and precise spot reduction of fat.
Cryolipolysis or “fat freezing” is used for debulking of larger areas of fat.
Depending on your anatomy, both treatments might be needed.
Belkyra vs Botox
Botox is used for neck platysmal bands.
Belkyra is used to melt fats.
Both can be used synergistically.
Belkyra Price in Singapore
Belkyra fat-melting treatments are highly customised to give the best results.
Prices are likely to range from $1000/session.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Belkyra treatment procedure?
After numbing cream is applied, this double chin treatment is performed by a series of injections into the fat cells under the chin/double chin area. Each treatment takes approximately 30 minutes to perform.
Is Belkyra painful?
With numbing cream, the treatment is generally well tolerated.
Is Belkyra permanent?
Yes, the Belkyra fat reduction is permanent because deoxycholic acid injection kills fats cells.
Advantages of Belkyra | Kybella
BELKYRA® is the first and only US FDA approved non-surgical treatment for reduction of moderate to severe submental fullness, a common yet under-treated aesthetic condition.
What is the most common type of downtime for Belkyra?
The most common side-effect is injection site bruising and swelling. We take extra precaution using customised techniques to minimise the chances of bruising.
How many sessions of Belkyra do I need?
It depends on the extent of fat. For most patients, 3-4 treatments are needed for best results.
If you have a significant amount of under-chin fat, I may use cryolipolysis to debulk first, before finessing with Kybella, Belkyra.
When can I see the results of Belkyra?
Belkyra/ Kybella results are noticeable at four to six weeks and last for years, which means that touch-ups shouldn’t be needed.
Best results are seen 2-3 months after the final Belkyra/ Kybella procedure (usually 4 treatments are needed).
Who is not suitable for Belkyra | Kybella?
Patients with dysphagia (difficulty in swallowing).
Is Belkyra | Kybella suitable for all types of double chin?
Double chin treatment with Belkyra | Kybella injections is only suitable for stubborn submental fat. This excess of submental fat causes double chins. It is not suitable for skin laxity.
For stubborn sub-mental fat, some patients would benefit more from Under-Chin Cryolipolysis (Fat Freezing).
In other patients, both Belkyra and cryolipolysis might be needed.
It is best to consult an experienced doctor for expert opinion before embarking on the treatment journey.
Can Belkyra | Kybella tighten loose neck skin?
No. Belkyra | Kybella is a procedure which is effective in reducing double chin fat, however, it is not designed for tightening skin, specifically.
If you suffer excessive laxity on your neck area you may require a surgical treatment or nonsurgical therapy such as Ultraformer 3 HIFU.
Belkyra | Kybella has been known to tighten skin in some individuals.
However, this is a by-product of the reaction rather than the aim of treatment.
Is the Belkyra | Kybella treatment experience pleasant?
What are the side effects of Belkyra/ Kybella?
- injection site reactions. swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, itching, warmth, hardness, tingling or burning sensation, skin tightness, nerve injury,
- mouth or throat pain,
- high blood pressure (hypertension),
- nausea, or.
- difficulty swallowing.
Belkyra (Kybella) Swelling: How Long Does It Last?
Belkyra (Kybella) is a breakthrough treatment that can erase your double chin without surgery. Doctors and patients have fallen in love with the treatment thanks to its incredible results.The treatment is quick, virtually painless and requires little to no recovery time.
However, some patients notice post-treatment Kybella swelling. This is common and only lasts for a short period of time.
How Long Does Kybella Swelling Last?
For most, Belkyra (Kybella) swelling doesn’t last long. Your swelling will typically peak about 24 hours after your Belkyra (Kybella) procedure, and will likely go away after 48 hours.
On rare occasions, you can experience swelling for longer, but it really depends on the dosage you receive and your skin.
As long as you choose a skilled and experienced doctor, your swelling shouldn’t last long.
Patients with large amounts of fat underneath their chin and sagging skin may experience more swelling.
Since swelling can be significant within 48 hours after your treatment, we recommend that our patients receive Belkyra (Kybella) at least 2-3 days prior to any important social events.
How To Reduce Belkyra (Kybella) Swelling Fast?
Most patients experience swelling for just 48 hours after their treatment. Thankfully, there are some things you can do to help your swelling to go away as quickly as possible so that you can see your beautiful results faster!
- Choose a doctor that specializes in Belkyra/ Kybella and has a lot of experience in giving Belkyra/ Kybella injections.
- Receive small doses of Kybella across multiple treatments. The smaller your dose is, the less swelling you will experience. You may have to receive more treatments, but you will likely deal with less swelling.
- Don’t massage the treatment area after you receive Kybella. Touching the treatment area can lead to more swelling in some patients. It’s best to leave the area alone to ensure a speedy recovery.
- Take Arnica tablets before your treatment and several days after. These natural supplements will help to reduce discomfort and swelling.
Though you may experience swelling for a temporary period of time, the long-lasting results of Belkyra (Kybella) are definitely worth it.
After a few treatments, you shouldn’t see a double chin in the mirror again!
Belkyra (Kybella) Pre-treatment Instructions
- If you have a special event or vacation coming up, please keep in mind that you may want to schedule your treatment at least 2-3 weeks in advance.
- It is recommended to discontinue the use of Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week before and after treatment to minimize bruising or bleeding. Please consult with your primary physician prior to discontinuing any medications.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods and cigarettes 24-48 hours before and after your treatment. These items may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
- We will not perform Belkyra treatments on patients with current or past history of Dysphagia, “trouble swallowing”, currently pregnant or breastfeeding, with presence of infection at or near the injection sites or under the age of 18.
- Sozo will take careful consideration in performing Belkyra treatments with excessive skin laxity, prominent platysmal bands, thyromegaly, cervical lymphadenopathy, pronounced sub-mandibular glands, prior surgery or aesthetic treatment to the treatment area, presence of scar tissue in the treatment area, sunburned or irritated skin, history of use of blood thinners, and current use of blood thinning agents or anti-coagulants.
- We will assist and advise in coordinating Belkyra treatments when being treated with other aesthetic services to provide optimal results and efficacy of concurrent treatments.
Belkyra (Kybella) Post-treatment Instructions
- Do NOT, touch, press, rub, massage, or manipulate the treatment area.
- Ice the treated areas for the next 24 hours. Place the icepack on the area for 20 minutes and remove the ice pack for 20 minutes. Continue this pattern for 24 hours.
- Apply (over the counter) Arnica gel to the treatment area to help decrease the bruising, swelling, and discomfort.
- Take pain reliever if needed to decrease post treatment discomfort.
- Sleep on your back and with head elevated for the next 3-5 days after treatment.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids after treatment.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for 3-5 days after treatment.
- Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment. These items may increase bleeding and bruising.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods and cigarettes 24-48 hours after your treatment. These items may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
- Avoid cosmetic treatments such as injectables, laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-dermabrasion to the Belkyra/ Kybella treatment area. We can assist and advise in coordinating specific treatment timing with other concurrent aesthetic services.
- Please report to your provider immediately if you develop an asymmetric smile or facial muscle weakness, skin ulceration in the treatment area, difficulty swallowing, or if any existing symptom worsens.
Kybella (Belkyra) Didn’t Work: 3 Pitfalls to Avoid
- Not Treating Laterally/Sides of the Double Chin
- Insufficient Dosage/ Sessions – usually 4 sessions are recommended
- Incorrect diagnosis – not every neck is suitable for Belkyra/ Kybella