- 1 What is Botox / Dysport Jaw Slimming in Singapore?
- 2 Jaw slimming injection treatment in Singapore reviewed
- 3 How much does Botox / Dysport Jaw Reduction treatment cost in Singapore?
- 4 Who is an appropriate candidate for jaw reduction face slimming injection treatment?
- 5 How long does it take for jaw Botox to work?
- 6 What is the difference between Botox and Dysport?
- 7 What are the causes of square jaw due to enlarged Masseter Muscle?
- 8 How many units of Botox / Dysport do I need for jaw reduction?
- 9 How long does jaw botox last?
- 10 Is Botox / Dysport safe for TMJ disorders?
- 11 How is Botox / Dysport for jaw slimming performed?
- 12 Is Jaw reduction botox treatment painful?
- 13 Is there downtime for jaw botox injections?
- 14 Are jaw Botox / Dysport injections safe?
- 15 Will botox jawline reduction treatment cause skin sagging?
- 16 Will I have problems chewing my food after jaw botox injections?
- 17 How to find effective jaw botox face slimming injections in Singapore?
What is Botox / Dysport Jaw Slimming in Singapore?
Jaw reduction botox/ dysport for face slimming works by relaxing your bulky lower jaw muscles with Botox. Once relaxed, your jaw muscles start to lose 60-80% of its bulk. Your muscle atrophy and jaw reduction occurs over 3-4 weeks to achieve a sharper, slimmer and more feminine face.
Jaw slimming injection treatment in Singapore reviewed
Our doctor will focus the treatment precisely where the three heads of the masseter (jaw) muscle overlap, and at the deep and superficial part of the muscle, which happens to correspond with where the muscle inserts into the bone.
This is to ensure maximum effect of the botox jaw reduction injections so that you get your long-term jaw and face slimming results.
By reducing the muscle at the point of attachment to the bone, research has shown that your bone can also reduce over time. This gives longer-lasting results without compromise to the strength of the bone.
Your experienced doctor will personally evaluate your face before deciding if you are suitable to have this treatment.
How much does Botox / Dysport Jaw Reduction treatment cost in Singapore?
At Sozo Aesthetic Clinic, Jaw reduction Botox treatments prices/ cost start from $500/session. Prices are inclusive of review session and top up within 1 month. Please enquire for more details.
Who is an appropriate candidate for jaw reduction face slimming injection treatment?
The most important criteria to decide if you are a good candidate is the thickness of your masseter muscle (jaw muscle). The relative thickness of the masseter can be easily determined by biting down hard and feeling the outer jawline.
If the muscle appears to be almost rock hard and enlarged in appearance when you clench your teeth, you may be a good candidate to have this procedure done.
How long does it take for jaw Botox to work?
The result for teeth grinding can be experienced within 1-2 weeks. Reduction in size of your jaw-line muscles takes 2-4 weeks.
What is the difference between Botox and Dysport?
Botox and Dysport are different brands of botulinum toxin. The difference between Botox and Dysport are in terms of units:
- 1 Unit of Botox = 2.5- 3 Units of Dysport
- Price of each unit
- Diffusion of Dysport vs Botox. Dysport tends to spread slightly further after injection – this is good for big muscles like your jaw muscles.
What are the causes of square jaw due to enlarged Masseter Muscle?
• Excessive chewing: Excessive chewing of hard food items like nuts or gum can cause your jaw muscle to expand in size giving your jaw-line a squarer look.
• Bruxism or teeth grinding: Some people have a habit of clenching their jaw and grinding their teeth even in sleep. This leads to enlargement of masseter muscles and hence square jaw.
• Ethnicity: Most of the men and women of Asian descent have square jaws which add to the masculine appearance.
How many units of Botox / Dysport do I need for jaw reduction?
At least 24 units of botox or 50 units of Dysport per side are required for jaw reduction. At Sozo Aesthetic Clinic, we charge by area rather than by Botox/ Dysport units. This reflects our focus on satisfactory final results rather than just injecting botox into your jaw muscles.
How long does jaw botox last?
Results last approximately 4-6 months. Regular treatment every 4-6 months will generally provide longer lasting and more effective results as the muscle will become smaller and less active.
Is Botox / Dysport safe for TMJ disorders?
Yes, Botox/ Dysport injections for TMJ disorders are also similar. Injections are made into your masseter muscles.
How is Botox / Dysport for jaw slimming performed?
Botulinum Toxin A is administered into your jaw muscles (called masseters) through very tiny injections. Depending on the size of your jaw muscles and anatomy, between 1-3 injection points are required. The procedure usually takes less than 15mins.
Is Jaw reduction botox treatment painful?
Numbing cream can be applied to make the procedure pain-free. In addition, the needles used for Botox injections are extremely small and thin. We use the tiniest needles available to ensure greater comfort.
Is there downtime for jaw botox injections?
There is minimal to no downtime except for very small injection points that disappear quickly. Slight bruises might occur if you have more sensitive skin.
Are jaw Botox / Dysport injections safe?
BOTOX® has been in use for treating numerous conditions for the past 15 years without any potential side effects.
Will botox jawline reduction treatment cause skin sagging?
No, it will not. Though there is a visible reduction in the jaw line and face slimming but it will not be that great to extent that it sag the skin. It will only give your facial appearance a subtle and sophisticated change unlike surgical jaw reduction.
Will I have problems chewing my food after jaw botox injections?
Most patients do not have this problem as only corner part of the muscle will be relaxed, not all parts of the muscle. However, you may experience some tiring after chewing for a while, this phenomenon is only temporary and will go away in a short period of time, commonly within a week.
How to find effective jaw botox face slimming injections in Singapore?
1. Expertise: Your results and safety depend on the quality of your injector doctor. Dr Boey is a trainer for cosmetic injections.
2. Service & After Care: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our experienced team will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible. As such, we offer complimentary review consults within 1 month of your treatment.
3. Convenient clinic location: Our clinic is at One Raffles Place in the heart of Singapore’s central business district. We are directly above Raffles Place MRT station, approximately 1 minute walk from the MRT station.
4. Approved Medications: We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment – Botox, Dysport, Xeomin.