Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) for Hair Growth
Non-invasive, Drug-Free Hair Growth Treatment
- 1 Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) for Hair Growth
- 1.1 How Do Lasers Treat Hair Loss / Thinning Hair?
- 1.2 What’s The Scientific Evidence For iGrow®?
- 1.3 How Long Does iGrow® Take To Work?
- 1.4 Why Should I Use iGrow® Versus Physician In-Office Lasers?
- 1.5 Why Should I Use iGrow® Versus Other Hand Held Devices?
- 1.6 LLLT: Stand-alone Treatment or In Conjunction With Transplant Surgery or Medication
- 1.7 FAQ
- 1.7.1 Which LLLT device is most suitable for me?
- 1.7.2 What are the types of Low-Level Laser Therapy in Singapore?
- 1.7.3 What is the benefit of a device like iGrow® that combines both Laser and LED?
- 1.7.4 Do all LLLT devices use Laser and LED together?
- 1.7.5 Will all LLLT devices give same hair growth results?
- 1.7.6 Can LLLT be used with other hair loss treatments?
- 1.7.7 If 3-4X a week has good results, will more frequent sessions yield a better result?
- 1.7.8 How long will I need to continue LLLT sessions?
- 1.7.9 I just noticed my hair is beginning to thin - is it too soon to start LLLT sessions?
- 1.7.10 At what age is it safe to start LLLT?
- 1.7.11 Are all LLLT devices safe to use after transplant surgery?
- 1.7.12 Is iGrow® regulated for safety?
- 1.7.13 Does the iGrow® emit any heat or radiation?
- 1.7.14 Is iGrow® safe to use for a woman?
- 1.7.15 Does iGrow® work on women?
- 1.7.16 Is iGrow® safe to use at home?
- 1.7.17 Is the iGrow® fully automated?
- 1.7.18 Are there any negative side effects associated with using the iGrow®?
- 1.7.19 Do I need to wash hair or use a special shampoo before using iGrow®?
- 1.7.20 I am completely bald and want to use iGrow®. Will it work for me?
- 1.7.21 How long will the iGrow® last?
Not every hair restoration journey or hair loss prevention plan will involve transplant surgery or medications.
What Is Low-Level Laser Therapy For Hair Loss / Thinning Hair In Singapore?
Low-level laser therapy, also called LLLT, nourishes hair follicles by sending pulses of energy into inactive follicles. These pulses “spark” those dormant follicles back into a regrowth phase by kickstarting proper circulation and cellular respiration.
How Do Lasers Treat Hair Loss / Thinning Hair?
Hair follicles contain cytochrome C molecules that absorb red light. After red light is absorbed, these molecules are ‘activated’ and send off signals to the other cells in the hair follicle. The effects on the follicle include reduced inflammation and delaying apoptosis (programmed cell death).
The result is hair follicle that produces a stronger, more pigmented and thicker hair shaft, providing more aesthetic coverage.
LLLT is not a one-off treatment, and repeated treatments will be required to achieve the results on hair restoration and growth.
Am I Suitable For LLLT?
LLLT is typically painless and side effect free. However, LLLT has only shown benefit in sufferers of pattern hair loss i.e. male or female pattern hair loss.
It is recommended that you discuss your decision to commence LLLT with us.
Which LLLT Treatment Provides Safe, Effective Results for Hair Loss
iGrow® Home Hair Laser Device
What’s The Scientific Evidence For iGrow®?
The research into using LLLT for treating thinning hair is extensive. Clinical studies showing the effectiveness of LLLT for thinning hair go back more than 20 years and have been conducted and published by such places as The Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Harvard University, The American Society for Laser Medicine, International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons and many others. The iGrow® itself was subjected to two double-blind clinical trials, which showed an average of 35%-37% increase in new growth in just 16 weeks. Both studies were published in a peer-reviewed medical journal, submitted to the US Government for review and were responsible for the iGrow®’s FDA and Health Canada clearances for treating genetic hair loss in men and women.
How Long Does iGrow® Take To Work?
Like any treatment, some people see results sooner than others but most notice an improvement within 3-6 months. Even strong, healthy hair typically grows only 1/4”-1/2” per month, so we recommend using the iGrow® for at least six months before evaluating how effective it can be for your type of thinning hair.
Why Should I Use iGrow® Versus Physician In-Office Lasers?
The iGrow® is one of the most powerful hair growth systems developed for home use, and has an equivalent output to most in—office hair lasers. Further, the iGrow®’s patented headphone design maintains a fixed distance of 3cm from the scalp. In addition, the iGrow® can be used conveniently at home, the office, or any convenient location while listening to your favorite music on your iPod® or MP3 player.
Why Should I Use iGrow® Versus Other Hand Held Devices?
The iGrow® is hands free, easy to use and it provides full scalp coverage. Compare that to moving a laser comb every 4 seconds for 20 minutes. The iGrow® has more light energy and provides the most consistent scalp coverage necessary for great results.
LLLT: Stand-alone Treatment or In Conjunction With Transplant Surgery or Medication
LLLT can be effective by itself, but it is also often used as a complement to transplant surgery or alongside medication such as Rogaine or Propecia.
After a hair transplant, LLLT helps bring blood, oxygen, and nutrients to balding areas, enhancing the effects of the surgery.
When selecting an LLLT device, you should consider and compare specifications like:
- power output,
- wavelength of light
- and the manufacturer’s recommended usage.
These are what to look out for:
- The device should be able to cover all areas of hair-loss affected scalp, e.g. a cap or helmet device.
- The wavelength of light MUST be between 630-670nm to be effective.
Some devices are readily portable while others tend to be bulkier, choosing one that suits your lifestyle.
The hair-stimulating energy is delivered to the scalp through the use of specialized comb, caps, or domes.
All three of these delivery systems are effective and non-invasive, but one of them offers superior ease and convenience.
Laser domes are professional pieces of equipment, so a visit to the doctor is required to receive such treatment.
While laser combs can be used at home, the application and use of the comb can be cumbersome and time-consuming.
Laser caps, however, could not be easier to use. They are portable, hands-free, and they work.
There are a number of LLLT devices in the market, the popular ones being Capillus, iGrow, HairMax, just to name a few.