What makes acne scars go away?
They say you can tell a lot about a person based on his scars. Scars tell a story, but the acne scars on your face is a battle that you just want to forget. However, most scars are permanent, so is there a way to make it go away?
What to do about your acne scars?
Many products can help you get rid of acne scars. Please note that home remedy solutions will vary in result, and if a treatment makes the acne scars worse, to consult a doctor immediately.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Its acidic properties aids in lightening the skin’s pigmentation. It also helps in the production of collagen, which repairs cells. To use this treatment, mix the vinegar with water and apply it onto your scars with a cotton ball. Leave it on your skin for up to five minutes before rinsing it off with cold water. Do this every day until the scars are completely gone.
- Coconut oil. Having healthy skin is essential if you want to regain that smooth, healthy glow. Coconut oil is rich in vitamin E and fatty acids. Warm-up some coconut oil and rub it into your scars for 5 to 10 minutes. Leave it on for an hour at least, before rinsing it off with some warm water. Repeat the procedure once or twice a day for a few weeks.
- Honey. A natural sweetener, honey can do more than just add flavour to your evening tea. It has antibiotic and healing properties that can help clear away your acne scars. Apply the honey onto the affected area and cover it with a gauze or bandage overnight. Wash it off with some warm water in the morning. Do this every night before going to bed until you start to see results.
- Lemons. When life gives you acne scars, grab a lemon and use it to treat them. Squeeze some lemons and apply the juices onto the scars with your fingers or cotton balls. Leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse it off. Do this one or two times a day as needed.
- Aloe vera. If you have an aloe vera plant, take a leaf and grab the gel inside of the leaves. Gently apply the gel onto the affected area and leave it there for half an hour before washing it off. Do this 2-3 times a day to see results.
For severe acne scarring, home remedies just aren’t enough. It’s time to get in touch with the professionals and let them take it from there. Some treatments work best with certain types of acne scars. Your doctor can give you a better idea of what procedure is best for your situation.
- Microdermabrasion. A process that utilises tiny crystals to remove the dead skin cells from the surface and reveal younger-looking skin underneath. No healing time is required for this treatment and you can enjoy the results right away.
- Lasers. Aso referred to as Laser Peeling, is a procedure that aims to stimulate collagen production underneath the skin’s surface while simultaneously removing the old skin cells on the surface. After the procedure, the skin will often have a smoother, more even appearance. Immediately after treatment, patients are required to care for the affected area by cleaning it and applying petroleum jelly to prevent scabs from forming. This procedure is effective but requires 10 to 21 days to fully heal.
- Fillers. Dermal fillers are used for depressed acne scars. It elevates the base of the scar to make it even with your skin’s surface. These fillers are injected directly onto the affected area and must be repeated every few months as it is not a permanent way to to get rid of the scars.
- Punch excision. With this treatment, your scars are cut out of your skin, and the hole sutured shut. The new scar is generally smaller and will fade away with time. But you can speed the process by pairing this treatment with microdermabrasion.
You don’t have to keep buying your concealer and makeup to make your acne scars less noticeable. Try any of these ways to remove your acne scars for good and enjoy your smooth skin and newfound self-confidence.