SkinCeuticals’ Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight is an innovative product that works at a TRUE active acid level of 10%.
This means that you get maximum efficacy for dissolving cellular cohesions and promoting skin cell turnover, whilst maintaining tolerability for nightly use.
Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight also includes 2% phytic acid, alongside a soothing complex to restore the skin barrier, reducing inflammation for enhanced comfort.
The result: a brighter and more even skin tone, with minimised fine lines for more youthful-looking skin.
Sozo Aesthetic Clinic is proud to be one of the first clinics in Singapore to offer Skinceuticals’ Glycolic 10. Synergistic use with our in-clinic lasers and technology gives you the best results.
Table of Contents
- 1 What makes SkinCeuticals’ Glycolic 10 special?
- 2 Benefits of SkinCeuticals Glycolic 10
- 3 The ‘Ideal’ 10% Concentration
- 4 Key Ingredients of SkinCeuticals’ Glycolic 10
- 5 Can I combine Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight with retinol?
- 6 Ingredients of SkinCeuticals Glycolic 10
- 7 How to use SkinCeuticals’ Glycolic 10
- 8 Where can I buy SkinCeuticals Glycolic 10 in Singapore?
What makes SkinCeuticals’ Glycolic 10 special?
Not every glycolic acid cream is created equal. The effectiveness of glycolic acid is determined by its free acid value, which depends on 2 factors:
1. Concentration: a 4-10% glycolic acid is the ideal concentration for nightly use
2. pH: low pH formulas preserve the strength of the glycolic acid for optimal efficacy on skin
Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight is formulated with a concentration of glycolic acid that delivers a true 10% glycolic free acid value in a 3.5 pH formula tolerable for nightly use.
This potent glycolic acid cream is complemented by a soothing complex of botanicals and oils, along with a 2% phytic acid to improve texture, radiance, and overall glow.
Benefits of SkinCeuticals Glycolic 10
Extensive research shows that Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight addresses the key signs of skin ageing, rough texture and dullness by:
•Exfoliating dead skin cells to reveal brighter skin
•Increasing cellular turnover for improved skin tone and texture
•Diminishing the appearance of fine lines
As part of an at-home regimen, Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight can be safely used every night after cleansing.
In addition, Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight is the ideal complement to in-clinic treatments such as Pico Lasers for ongoing maintenance skin care.
The 8-week clinical trials conducted on Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight by SkinCeuticals and its independent partners demonstrate unprecedented proof of its efficacy on skin:
•36% improvement of skin’s radiance
•37% improvement in skin’s texture*
•19% improvement in skin tone
•Increased cellular turnover rate
•Proven tolerability when used nightly
In an 8-week clinical study, Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight significantly improved the appearance of key markers of glowing skin.
The ‘Ideal’ 10% Concentration
Clinical publications evaluating the performance of pure glycolic acid on skin at different concentrations show that a 10% concentration is the ideal level for daily treatment to tackle the main signs of ageing – namely fine lines, dullness and poor skin texture.
This concentration is safe for use in at-home skincare products. Stronger concentrations (e.g. 20%) often require prescription, and are unsuitable for daily use, causing irritation and sensitivity, whereas weaker concentrations (e.g. 4%) only give minimal exfoliation.
Key Ingredients of SkinCeuticals’ Glycolic 10
• 10% Glycolic Free Acid Value: derived from sugar cane, this powerful fruit acid stimulates your skin’s natural exfoliation process and minimizes the buildup of dead skin cells, resulting in improvement in the appearance of skin texture and tone.
• 2% Phytic Acid: naturally present in legumes and seeds, this potent ingredient provides dual-action exfoliation and skin brightening effects. It helps to inhibit the impact of skin aggressors that can cause dullness, promoting skin clarity and glow.
• 1% Soothing Complex: featuring a combination of natural oils and botanicals, including jojoba and sunflower seed, this wax forms a protective, breathable layer on skin to help lock in hydration and provide comfort.
Can I combine Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight with retinol?
Using Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight alongside retinol products should be done under the guidance of a skin doctor, as certain precautions should be taken. It is recommended to alternate nights and not apply both on the same evening.
• If you are using retinol, you should start Glycolic 10 slowly by limiting initial use to 1–2 nights a week and increasing use gradually to allow the skin to acclimatise.
Both products may increase skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn.
To prevent sunburn, it is important that you use a broad spectrum sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using these products.
If irritation occurs, decrease frequency of application of the products.
Ingredients of SkinCeuticals Glycolic 10
Aqua/Water, Glycolic Acid, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Glycerin, Phytic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Nylon-12, Poly-glyceryl-4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Jojoba Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Cera/Sunflower Seed Wax, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Salicylic Acid, Acacia Decurrens Flower Cera/Accia Decurrens Flower Wax, Polyglycerin-3, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate.
How to use SkinCeuticals’ Glycolic 10
• Some skin types may require time to acclimate to glycolic acid. In these cases, precondition skin for this night cream by limiting initial use to once every other evening. After one week, increase to every evening or as advised by a skincare professional.
• Apply an even, pea-sized layer over entire face and neck.
• Avoid eye area.
• Always use with a daytime antioxidant + sunscreen.
• With use of a high-concentration glycolic acid, it is common to experience mild symptoms of skin detoxification such as redness and temporary skin purging. Generally, these side effects resolve with continual use.
Where can I buy SkinCeuticals Glycolic 10 in Singapore?
SkinCeuticals Glycolic 10 is available at Sozo Aesthetic Clinic, One Raffles Place, Singapore.