Looking for a Fat Removal treatment for your tummy, hips, arms, double chin or face?
Dr Justin Boey, Medical Director of Sozo Aesthetic Clinic, reviews the latest fat removal treatments in Singapore in 2019.
Let’s look at fat reduction treatments that get rid of fat at challenging areas of your body such as under the arms, saddle bags, inner thighs and even bra fat.
- 1 What are the Most Effective Fat Removal Treatments in Singapore (2019)?
- 2 How to Choose a Fat Removal Treatment in Singapore
- 3 Surgical fat removal: Liposuction & Tummy Tuck/ Abdominoplasty
- 4 Energy-based fat removal
- 4.1 Fat-freezing / Cryolipolysis (CoolSculpt/ Clatuu)
- 4.2 Radio-frequency Fat Removal (Vanquish/enCurve)
- 4.3 Monopolar Radiofrequency Fat Removal (TruSculpt)
- 4.4 Laser Fat Removal (SculpSure)
- 4.5 Ultrasound Fat Removal (Ultraformer/ Liposonix)
- 5 Fat Melting Injection (Belkyra/ Kybella) – Newest Fat Removal Treatment in 2019
- 6 Belkyra vs CoolSculpt
- 7 Your First Step To A Better Body Starts Now!
What are the Most Effective Fat Removal Treatments in Singapore (2019)?
- Surgical fat removal: Liposuction & Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
- Energy-based fat removal:
- “Fat-Freezing” Fat Removal like Coolsculpting,
- Laser Fat Removal like SculpSure,
- Ultrasound Fat Removal like Liposonix and Ultraformer,
- Radio-frequency Fat Removal like Vanquish and enCurve.
- Injection Fat Removal: Fat Melting Injections like Belkyra/ Kybella
How to Choose a Fat Removal Treatment in Singapore
- Recovery time/ Down-time: Non-surgical fat removal treatments have faster recovery time.
- Budget: Surgical liposuction tends to be more expensive per treatment.
- Body Region: Fat-freezing and injection fat removal treatments are for small regions of excess fat like double chin and tummy, while Radio-frequency fat removal treats larger areas like thighs.
- Expertise of Doctor/ Clinic: Accurate assessment and precise treatments gives the best fat removal results.
Surgical fat removal: Liposuction & Tummy Tuck/ Abdominoplasty
If combined with removal of loose skin, this is commonly known as tummy tuck or abdominoplasty.
What is the price of Liposuction in Singapore?
From $3000 for small regions.
What is the price of Tummy Tuck in Singapore?
What are the side-effects of Liposuction?
General anesthesia risks, uneven contours, expensive, painful, swelling and bruising.
Energy-based fat removal
Fat-freezing / Cryolipolysis (CoolSculpt/ Clatuu)
What are the benefits of CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is a FDA-cleared freezing technology that causes fat cells to crystallize, thus permanently removing unwanted fat cells.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is a great option for people interested in targeting areas of fat that have not been eliminated with diet and exercise alone.
What is the price of CoolSculpt in Singapore?
Radio-frequency Fat Removal (Vanquish/enCurve)
What are the benefits of Vanquish?
Radiofrequency used in this FDA-cleared technology can raise the temperature in the cell to roughly 45°C, which causes the cells to rupture and die. The body will natural repair the treated area and permanently excrete dead fat cells.
Who is the ideal candidate of Vanquish?
The ideal candidate for Vanquish is one who needs fat reduction over larger areas. Radiofrequency treatment is good for larger areas of fat like thighs and arms.
What is the price of Vanquish in Singapore?
Monopolar Radiofrequency Fat Removal (TruSculpt)
What are the benefits of TruSculpt Singapore?
TruSculpt uses Radiofrequency heat for targeted fat removal at small regions of your body.
Who is the ideal candidate for TruSculpt?
The ideal candidate for TruSculpt is similar to the ideal candidate for CoolSculpt and Sculpsure – healthy body weight with small regions of fat pockets.
Laser Fat Removal (SculpSure)
What are the benefits of SculpSure?
Faster treatment time of 25 minutes.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for SculpSure?
SculpSure works deeper and beyond the targeted fat-cell area
What is the price of SculpSure in Singapore?
Ultrasound Fat Removal (Ultraformer/ Liposonix)
Fat Melting Injection (Belkyra/ Kybella) – Newest Fat Removal Treatment in 2019
What is Belkyra/ Kybella?
Belkyra is a US FDA approved (2015) fat melting injection that contains non-human and non-animal version of deoxycholic acid (a molecule found in your gastrointestinal track working to metabolize fat). Belkyra permanently destroys fat and tightens the skin surrounding the treatment area.
Is Belkyra the same as Kybella?
Yes. Belkyra is known as Kybella in the US. In Singapore, UK, Australia and Canada, Allergan’s deoxycholic acid injection is registered as Belkyra.
How does Belkyra work?
Belkyra permanently destroys fat and tightens the skin surrounding the treatment area.
Belkyra is known to lift or tighten the skin as healing occurs. This happens because after Kybella works to destroy fat cells, neocollagenesis (the process of making more collagen) begins. This offers the patient a more aesthetically-pleasing, tighter and more youthful appearance.
What are Belkyra’s results?
Belkyra/ Kybella permanently removes targeted areas of fat, like double chin fat, in an average of 4 treatment sessions.
While Belkyra has only been FDA-approved for the submental region, many plastic surgeons use Belkyra/ Kybella off-label for contouring of other parts of your body.
Belkyra vs CoolSculpt
Belkyra is more precise and offers more skin tightening benefits.